Friday, January 10, 2020

Mona Kattan on Kayali Déjà Vu White Flower 57 and Her Fragrance Journey - Allure

After, we make our way to her predominantly pink-filled office, which is across from Huda's. Every inch of the shelves is lined with nostalgic items, like Barbie dolls and Pinky and the Brain figurines, as well as dozens of perfumes, duh. Here, we chat about the latest Kayali release, Déjà Vu White Flower 57, which drops January 10.

"We've been working on it for over two years," Kattan reveals. "It was a lot of back and forth with our nose to really get the juice right."

White Flower took exactly 57 modifications before it became Kattan's favorite Kayali fragrance yet. That's why the number appears in the name. "I still tried 59, 60, et cetera, but 57 was it," she adds. "This was the one and I didn't feel like the newer modifications were making me happier."

Since starting Kayali, Kattan has received a handful of training sessions from Firmenich, the manufacturer she works with, to sharpen her nose and better understand the intricacies of perfume ingredients for moments like this. "A lot of ingredients didn't smell exactly how I thought they would," she admits.

During the many rounds of testing, Kattan knew tuberose and jasmine, both white flowers, would be the focus as they are some of her favorite notes. "I really wanted this juice to reflect something special that I never smelled before because I've smelled so many jasmine and tuberose fragrances," she says.

Not to get too technical, but adding fruit notes of green pear and white nectarine, along with the muskiness of patchouli and sandalwood, to the mix helped her differentiate White Flower from the rest of the jasmine and tuberose fragrances in the game. She also spiked it with Tahitian vanilla. To put it into context, "It's very soft in comparison to Kayali Vanilla 28," Kattan says. "That's a more dirty vanilla from Madagascar, whereas this one is just a really soft, beautiful kind of feminine vanilla."

Again, Kattan asks if she can spray me — this time, finally, with White Flower. After spending about three hours with her, nearly every centimeter of my body is coated in scents from around the world. I pull up the sleeve of my dress, and she spritzes it on my forearm.

I, then, hold my arm up to my nose to take in the soft, subtle floral scent on my skin. "Any perfume is like putting a bookmark into your life of where you are at that moment," Kattan points out as I do so. "So you smelled this today, even 10 years from now. If you smell it again in 10 years, you're going to transport yourself to this office. It's insane how it works with your brain."

Courtesy of brand; Getty Images

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"flower" - Google News
January 10, 2020 at 08:36PM
https://ift.tt/2tKZXRd

Mona Kattan on Kayali Déjà Vu White Flower 57 and Her Fragrance Journey - Allure
"flower" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2JKfjKZ
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update
Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment